Sunday, April 26, 2015

Breakfast : blueberry cashew beet smoothie










Oohhh how I love kiwi.
The superfood fruit that I just can’t get enough of!
Kiwi carries some awesome health benefits. From consuming kiwi on a regular basis it can improve your cardiovascular health, boost your immunity, improve digestion and create healthy blood sugar levels.
Along with those incredible benefits; kiwi is also known to decrease the risk of cancer and eliminate toxins within the body. All of those are excellent benefits which come along with creating a healthy lifestyle. Plus, not only will you improve your health, but the taste of these kiwi is unreal!
SO delicious.
Especially with a sprinkle of cinnamon………MMMmmmmmmm…..






Sorry about that, where was I?
This Kiwi Coconut Cream Smoothie is just that;
Dreamy.
In the past few months I’ve been drinking more and more smoothies. This has come clear to me now because I easily go through 11oz of spinach in just a few days. Not that I’m trying to become Popeye or anything, I’ve just come to realize I need more greens in my life and I love spinach, so I’m going to eat more of it.
I don’t put spinach in every smoothie – but I do add them to almost every post workout smoothie.
I normally workout 5x a week so that’s 5 cups of spinach just right there. On top of that, I add spinach to my dinners and lunches; along with other vegetables of course. At the rate I’m going right now, soon enough I’ll be heading to the store and buying 22oz of spinach!
:)




There’s more to this smoothie than kiwi and spinach; there’s also a banana in there, and of course, coconut. A cup of coconut dream, some home made coconut cream (SO good!) and a touch of organic shredded coconut all create a delicious coconutty taste. (That’s a word, right?) ;)
The coconut cream does require to be placed in the fridge overnight, so there is a little preparation that needs to be done for this smoothie, but trust me; it’s worth it!
Put in the time and create this Kiwi Coconut Cream Smoothie for yourself; your body will only thank you with an energy boost and hunger satisfaction.




kiwi coconut cream smoothie

 
Prep time
Total time
 
Recipe type: Beverages, Smoothie
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • For the Coconut Cream:
  • 14oz. can coconut milk chilled in fridge overnight
  • 2 tsp pure maple syrup or agave
  • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • For the Smoothie:
  • 1 cup of coconut cream
  • 1 cup coconut dream
  • 1 banana
  • 2 kiwi; peeled
  • 1 big handful of greens (I love spinach!)
  • 1 tsp + ½ tsp organic shredded coconut
Instructions
  1. To make the Coconut Cream:
  2. Add coconut milk into a medium bowl, with maple syrup and vanilla. Beat for about 5 minutes, until mixture becomes thick and creamy. Set in fridge until ready to use.
  3. To make the Smoothie:
  4. Add all of the ingredients except ½ tsp of shredded coconut into a blender and blend until smooth.
  5. Top smoothie with remaining shredded coconut and enjoy!


taken by : http://lushiouseats.com/category/recipes/breakfast/

No comments:

Post a Comment