Wednesday, February 24, 2016

peanut butter oat pancakes with coconut cream


Pancakes are so super delicious, yet so complicated at the same time. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to share pancake recipes but I ruin every.single.one when I flip them.
I just can’t flip a pancake without popping a hole in it, or tearing it apart, or tossing it on top of another pancake and making to two stick together. Grrr….
All while I love pancakes, I hardly ever enjoy them because of this mess. I like simple and tasty, I don’t care for frustration while waiting, and waiting, and waiting for that perfect time to flip the pancake. That’s what husbands are for. ;)




Last weekend I went to the kitchen, started putting the pancake batter together and when it was all done, I kindly said to my husband, “ok, you go ahead and cook the pancakes while I set up to take some pictures when you’re done”. ;) Here I was thinking I was being sneaky, when actually he was more than happy to help.
What a man I have. We make a great pancake-creating team.





What I liked most about these pancakes was that the peanut butter wasn’t too much. There was just a slight taste of peanut while the maple syrup and apple cider vinegar together created a great sweet texture. I even thought to myself that this batter would make some pretty awesome muffins. That I just might have to try. You can’t ever go wrong with peanut butter.





The coconut cream was just an extra UMPH to the pancakes. You can toss the cream all over the pancakes before eating them, which is exactly what I did after the photo shoot was done. I wanted you to actually see the pancakes, you know what I mean? ;)









coconut cream

Prep time
Total time
Author:
Serves: 2 cups
Ingredients
  • 14oz. can coconut milk; chilled in fridge overnight
  • 2 tsp pure maple syrup or agave
  • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Add coconut milk into a medium bowl, with maple syrup and vanilla. Beat for about 5 minutes, until mixture becomes thick and creamy. Set in fridge until ready to use.

peanut butter oat pancakes

Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp ground flax
  • 1 cup oat flour (gf for gluten free eaters)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 heaping tbsp of all natural peanut butter
Instructions
  1. Add flax, flour and baking powder to a medium bowl, mixing together.
  2. In another bowl, add egg, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, vinegar and peanut butter. Mix well.
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing together with a big wooden spoon. Allow 5 minutes for the batter to set.
  4. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat, carefully pour batter into the pan, dividing evenly. Flip after 5 minutes and allow other side to cook for another 5 minutes.
  5. Remove pancakes and enjoy with coconut cream.



taken by : http://lushiouseats.com/2015/03/01/peanut-butter-oat-pancakes-with-coconut-cream/

No comments:

Post a Comment