Wednesday, February 24, 2016

so good for you apple cinnamon overnight oats {vegan}



Would you believe me if I told you that if someone asked me three months ago if I liked overnight oats I’d say……
“I haven’t tried them”….?
Honestly, I am a big fan of oatmeal, but until a few months ago I have never, ever tried overnight oats. Now, I literally make them all the time. They are too easy!






For someone who packs their lunch for work every day (my finger is pointing at myself here) this would be a fantastic snack for the morning, or afternoon. Normally I have my overnight oats either right after my workout for my breakfast, or if I eat before I workout then I have them after my workout; which would make them my morning snack.
Either way, I normally eat them after a workout. Oats, almonds, apples and cinnamon are all excellent foods which will provide your body with the type of nutrients it needs to help repair muscle fibres after a workout.







You really can’t go wrong with these Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats they will keep you feeling full for hours, fuel your body right, all while maintaining regular blood sugar levels and keeping your cravings at next to none!
These oats can really be made any way you like – if you don’t like almond milk, use whatever milk you do like. If you don’t like cinnamon – skip it. (But really, who doesn’t like cinnamon?) All I’m saying is that there are so many ways to make overnight oats and none of them are wrong.






This is exactly the kind of recipe that proves you don’t have to skip out on good food in order to eat healthy.
Fuel the fire with overnight oats! As long as you aren’t spiking it full of high glycemic carbs and excess sugar your body will feel nothing but good! ;)



apple cinnamon overnight oats

Prep time
Total time

Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 royal gala apple; sliced into chunks
  • ¼ cup oats
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp slivered almonds
Instructions
  1. Add first 5 ingredients into a mason jar, seal, shake and set in fridge overnight.
  2. Slightly shake jar remove lid and enjoy topped with slivered almonds, or pour oats into a small bowl and top with slivered almonds.






taken by : http://lushiouseats.com/2015/02/17/so-good-for-you-apple-cinnamon-overnight-oats-vegan/

No comments:

Post a Comment